28 April 1937 a boy was born in South of TEKRIT without seeing his father who died because of illness three month before of his birth and now to be kept with his uncle due to his mother depression since she had lost her husband and another child and actually wanted to abort this current pregnancy!
He grow up in south of TEKRIT with those simple people where houses were built with mud and people living in poverty, water & electricity were not known, Child mortality is high, and its population has been working in agriculture, no schools in that particular district and if the people wanted to study they would go to TEKRIT.
When he was two years old, his grandfather passed away and his mother remarried with a guy who insisted that this boy has to remain a shepherd, planter and not to study at any cost and was seeing the best method of raising him is the intensity and cruelty until he becomes a man! That boy was selling watermelon in the train passing through TEKRIT on its way from MOSUL to BAGHDAD just to feed his family. No matter what was the relationship he had with his stepfather but he was in good terms with his stepbrothers.
Finally and officially he moved to BAGHDAD and lived with his uncle in SHAWISH village who was working in army as an officer and known as an enthusiastic Arab nationalist. Their relationship was very strong, he learned a lot from his uncle and his military companions and later he merged into political activity where he joined the opposition BAATH PARTY at that time and the boy received a deep hatred from his uncle to the kingdom that was ruling Iraq at that time and those supported by foreigners.
In 1955, he finished his primary school. His educational experience was not enjoyable since he was accompanying child ring of five years of age! he was embarrassed and ridiculed. He was quarreling with some of them. The jokes of those students left deep wounds to him. The only two people who were encouraging him for education were uncle and his cousin. You could describe most pictures of this young boy as follow: A SHARP-HAIRED BOY LOOKS LIKE HIS APPEARANCE SHOWS HE CAN TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF.
The young boy now was a young man who joined the army as an officer training at BAGHDAD military academy but at the same time he was active in his political rule as well but now strongly active and with ambitious goal which was seizure of power and for that he needed first to get rid of the current government so therefore assassination of the new Iraqi president! … While the plan was that and everyone was wondering where the boy was, units of the army that were calling themselves FREE OFFICERES break the palace and made sure every single individual is dead in that palace, The coup leaders were determined not to leave any trace of the Iraqi royal family or any nucleus in the future.
The young boy along with his group tried to assassin the head of FREE OFFICERES who was now PRIME MINISTER but it was not successful, he went to SYRIA and then to EGYPT. While being in EGYPT he studied LAW in CAIRO University and he got married with his cousin in 1962 but he did not continue due to his activities. In 1963 most of army units refused to supports BAATHISTS therefore they themselves attacked the PRIME MINISTER in the ministry of defense and finally PRIME MINSTER got forced to surrender! the coup leaders refused to allow him to be trial in public, after a short trial in front of the cameras on the air he was shot dead. We should mention here that during all these incidents our boy was still in EGYPT. Now the boy is no longer is the boy. The Man was prepared, almost everything was ready. He had his family, group and his men, plan and what he thinks he wants. He went back to his land. The new PRESIDENT did not stay long in his chair. In middle of one night Our Man and his group came surprisingly and before the PRESIDENT smell the betrayal, the bullet sound of joy and victory was heard all over BAGHDAD and he died in helicopter while leaving to meet his wife and finally The BAATH PARTY has seized power and OUR MAN became the PRIME MINISTER.
From 1966 to July 1979:
1. In-charge of security
2. In-charge of Management of the peasants
3. Treaty of cooperation and friendship of 15 years with the Soviet Union
4. National Oil Company (NOC), founded under the British administration
5. Education and health care, raising the standard of living in Iraq to the highest level in the Arab world (due to NOC)
6. He Focused on achieving stability in a country torn by severe conflicts in the presence of divisions and social, ideological and religious conflicts between Sunnis and Shiites and between Arabs and Kurds and others
7. He strengthened the Iraqi economy alongside the construction of a strong security apparatus to prevent coups and rebellion within and outside the BAATH PARTY
8. His biggest concern was Iraq’s oil
9. He established and managed the National Literacy Campaign and the Free Compulsory Education Campaign in Iraq
10. The government supported the families of the soldiers
11. In addition to providing free agricultural land to farmers
12. Free health care provided for all and they, they established one of the most modern health care systems in the Middle East That was why OUR MAN got awarded a prize from UNESCO
After July 1979:
A. Finally this PRESIDENT after long time was forced by OUR MAN to step down and thrown was all for him. OUR MAN now was THE PRESIDENT OF IRAQ officially imagine! After two weeks being in his position, he asked all his group members, friends and companions to join him in AL KHOLD HALL for a meeting. He pulled 68 names of his members saying that they have done a common plot in conspiracy against him but actually his plan was together with his stepbrother; CLEANSING THE BAATH PARTY! The persons arrested at the meeting were put for trial and convicted of Betrayal!
B. There was an agreement made between Iran and Iraq in Dec.1975 to settle their borders disputes and conflicts and at the same time to end the KURDISH REBELLION in Iraq. However OUR MAN in Sep.1980 abolished the treaty which led to the longest war between the two countries in the region in 20th century, it lasted 8 years and finally UN SECURITY COUNCIL REGULATION 619 ended the war and returned both parties to the agreement of 1975! He borrowed tens of billions of dollars from other Arab states and a few billions from elsewhere during the war to fight Iran, mainly to prevent the expansion of Shi'a radicalism.
C. In Mar.1988 The Kurdish town HALABJA was attacked with a mixed of mustard gas and nerve agents killing more than 5000 civilian and injuring more than 10000 people.
D. In Aug.1990 within two days he took all the land of KUWAIT and Iraqi occupation of KUWAIT continued for seven months.
1. If you remember we mentioned that he borrowed from other Arab countries to prevent the Shi’s radicalism during the war of Iran-Iraq so he created new enemies within his land.
2. When he attacked as well on HALABJA (In retaliation for their support for Iran) he created another enemy within his land and in Iran since Shah of Iran at that time stopped arming Kurdish people to defend themselves.
3. After attacking KUWAIT, the relationship between his country and US was tense. The Security Council has imposed a comprehensive economic embargo on Iraq and Iraqis have suffered from the harshest periods of life from a lack of basic foodstuffs and health supplies.
4. On another hand Turkmen citizens as well were having similar situation like Kurdish people, the number of those sentenced to death was thousands. They were deprived of the most basic rights of citizenship, including the right to national affiliation and displacement and forced for migration.
5. The United States launched the first missile attack since the end of the war targeting the Iraqi intelligence center in Baghdad on June 26, 1993.
THE MAN became the most wanted man and in Jul.2003 held in custody and after a long trial executed in 2006 along with another 11 senior BAATHIST leaders of his group.
AND THE WORLD WENT IN PEACE FOR A WHILE.